Hildegardt and Kuba celebrated their gorgeous wedding at the Shelly Point Hotel in St. Helena bay on the West Coast where she grew up.
They wanted a festive, family affair with traditional West Coast cuisine and a live band. The theme was ‘Antique Chic’ and it was reflected in her stunning dress and in the details on the tables. Strings of pearls peeped out from the floral arrangements and antique broaches sat daintily on every napkin.
The tables radiated with crystal candelabra, warm creams and golds and soft pinks. It was decadent and oppulent and chic.
Being artists, both Kuba and Hildegardt have very relaxed and laid-back temperaments and Hildegardt was worried about Kuba being late for his own wedding. But nothing could make him late on the day that he would wed his True Love and the ‘I do’s’ happened right on schedule!
At the reception, Kuba made his speech and then serenaded his Bride with a song that he composed especially for her, called ‘Love You Extravagantly’.
After the dancefloor was opened, Hildegardt surprised him by singing the song ‘At Last’ for her new husband.
Romance and love filled the air, while guests indulged in real West Coast delicasies like ‘Snoek en Patats’ and later enjoyed the delicious wedding cake with coffee.
The dancing continued well into the night and Bride and Groom and guests alike had a great time at the chick, West Coast wedding!
Author: Sunelle van den Berg
List of Sponsors:
– Blank Canvas – wedding co-ordination
1. Vesselina Pentchova (wedding dress)
2. Hireco (chairs)
3. Be-dazzled (Decor and flowers)
4. www.safarilodges.co.za or if you cannot use a website then use Safari Destinations
5. Turbine Hotel in Knysna
6. Tranquility Lodge in Natures Valley
7. Face Adrenalin Bungy Jump
8. WARREN WILLIAMS PHOTOGRAPHY (photographer)
9. PERDEBERG (wine and champagne)
10. FJS PRODUCTIONS (videography and assistant)
11. WESKUS TENTE (Marquee Tent)
12. SHELLEY POINT HOTEL, SPA & COUNTRY CLUB (Venue)
13. JOLETA KEANE (Hair and make up